Hi Team, the clean() function which helps in stripping additional spaces was not

Hi Team, the clean() function which helps in stripping additional spaces was not working in 7.10. I posted it on news.
In version 7.11 also, I am facing the same issue with clean() function(Though,I have used different functions to perform same action).

When I gave "clean(remove extra spaces)" , returned "remove extra spaces",
clean(remove ££££££££ extra spaces ), returned "remove extra spaces",
clean(remove 11111 extra spaces), returned "remove 11111 extra spaces"

Please help on this, as the function didn't remove the additional spaces.

OriginalPostID-179982

OriginalPostID-179982

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    There seems to be a disconnect between what the documentation says and what the rule definition says. The documentation, agreeing with your original assumption, says "Returns the specified text after stripping it of additional spaces between characters." Source: forum.appian.com/.../Text_Functions.html
    Note: this seems to essentially duplicate what the trim() function says.

On the other hand, the in-system rule definition says "The function will return the provided text, minus any characters not considered printable. (Performs opposite function of strip.)" - see attached screenshot. Spaces definitely are "printable", so the behavior you're experiencing is consistent with this description.

Certified Lead Developer
    There seems to be a disconnect between what the documentation says and what the rule definition says. The documentation, agreeing with your original assumption, says "Returns the specified text after stripping it of additional spaces between characters." Source: forum.appian.com/.../Text_Functions.html
    Note: this seems to essentially duplicate what the trim() function says.

On the other hand, the in-system rule definition says "The function will return the provided text, minus any characters not considered printable. (Performs opposite function of strip.)" - see attached screenshot. Spaces definitely are "printable", so the behavior you're experiencing is consistent with this description.

Children
No Data