Is there a way to systematic way to find out what is using a column in a CDT? We

Is there a way to systematic way to find out what is using a column in a CDT? We are auditing our tables and we are not sure if some of the columns are being used.

OriginalPostID-190180

OriginalPostID-190180

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @alexanderc I don't think that there is an OOTB utility to do so.

I would like to suggest one manual approach as follows which could be elegant when compared to manual process.

1. Obtain the DDL from the datastore in Appian. I guess this could be obtained when you try to publish the data store to a new datasource.
    2. Extract the DDL script from the database schema.
    3. Compare the sql scripts from both sources, that is, data store and database manually by making use of a text comparison utilities.

Let's see if any other user could suggest much efficient approach when compared to making manual comparisons in each CDT against its associated table.
  • @alexanderc I don't think that there is an OOTB utility to do so.

I would like to suggest one manual approach as follows which could be elegant when compared to manual process.

1. Obtain the DDL from the datastore in Appian. I guess this could be obtained when you try to publish the data store to a new datasource.
    2. Extract the DDL script from the database schema.
    3. Compare the sql scripts from both sources, that is, data store and database manually by making use of a text comparison utilities.

Let's see if any other user could suggest much efficient approach when compared to making manual comparisons in each CDT against its associated table.
Children
No Data