The function "doforeach" allows me to call a function by string. I use

The function "doforeach" allows me to call a function by string. I use this to dynamically call a function that is defined in a text PV of a process. Is there any other method to do dynamic function calls? The new looping function "apply" does not work....

OriginalPostID-65702

OriginalPostID-65702

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I'm glad you brought this up Stefan, because I've been looking for such a use case, so I'd like to understand this a little better in order to know where the appropriate enhancement would fall.

How are you determining the value of the text PV that each process should have?

Side note: I'd tweak Owen's example slightly and say:
    apply(
    if(pv!text="a", rule!a, if(pv!text="b", rule!b, ...)),
    {ri!data}
    )

If you're at Appian World, I'd be happy to meet with you tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss in person.
  • I'm glad you brought this up Stefan, because I've been looking for such a use case, so I'd like to understand this a little better in order to know where the appropriate enhancement would fall.

How are you determining the value of the text PV that each process should have?

Side note: I'd tweak Owen's example slightly and say:
    apply(
    if(pv!text="a", rule!a, if(pv!text="b", rule!b, ...)),
    {ri!data}
    )

If you're at Appian World, I'd be happy to meet with you tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss in person.
Children
No Data