Hi, I want to use Apply function over generateuuid, so I am taking an

Hi,

I want to use Apply function over generateuuid, so I am taking an expression like given below:
=apply(fn!generateuuid, {ri!test})
here ri!test is a text array. But when I am running this rule, I am getting the below error:

Expression evaluation error at function 'apply': com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: Unexpected number of parameters. (APNX-1-4158-001)

Can anyone guide us how can I do it. I don't want to use MNI.

Thanks
Rishu

OriginalPostID-194546

OriginalPostID-194546

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @rishub I confirm from my testing results that fn!generateuuid() is generating duplicate values when repeat() and apply() (I have wrapped the fn!generateuuid() in an expression rule and has applied apply() over it.) are used over it.

At the same time what I have noticed is, fn!generateuuid() is generating distinct values when the node in the process is MNIed. So if possible, try looking at possibility of implementing MNI to get the distinct values when fn!generateuuid() needs to be invoked multiple times. To the best of my knowledge and as per my observation, the function is expecting a fresh or new context every time to generate a distinct value.
  • @rishub I confirm from my testing results that fn!generateuuid() is generating duplicate values when repeat() and apply() (I have wrapped the fn!generateuuid() in an expression rule and has applied apply() over it.) are used over it.

At the same time what I have noticed is, fn!generateuuid() is generating distinct values when the node in the process is MNIed. So if possible, try looking at possibility of implementing MNI to get the distinct values when fn!generateuuid() needs to be invoked multiple times. To the best of my knowledge and as per my observation, the function is expecting a fresh or new context every time to generate a distinct value.
Children
No Data