Hi, I want to use Apply function over generateuuid, so I am taking an

Hi,

I want to use Apply function over generateuuid, so I am taking an expression like given below:
=apply(fn!generateuuid, {ri!test})
here ri!test is a text array. But when I am running this rule, I am getting the below error:

Expression evaluation error at function 'apply': com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: Unexpected number of parameters. (APNX-1-4158-001)

Can anyone guide us how can I do it. I don't want to use MNI.

Thanks
Rishu

OriginalPostID-194546

OriginalPostID-194546

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @Angad Whilst it's true that UUID functionality will often make use of time in some aspect of identifier generation, "some reference to the time at the millisecond" absolutely does not guarantee uniqueness. Introducing functions such as rand() will decrease the changes of two identifiers being the same, but till does not guarantee uniqueness - and such advice is, quite frankly, extremely misleading.

Using a database select of UUID() as suggested above might be a better way - though it may still require a looped call as in the MNI suggestion above.
  • @Angad Whilst it's true that UUID functionality will often make use of time in some aspect of identifier generation, "some reference to the time at the millisecond" absolutely does not guarantee uniqueness. Introducing functions such as rand() will decrease the changes of two identifiers being the same, but till does not guarantee uniqueness - and such advice is, quite frankly, extremely misleading.

Using a database select of UUID() as suggested above might be a better way - though it may still require a looped call as in the MNI suggestion above.
Children
No Data