Hi, I want to use Apply function over generateuuid, so I am taking an

Hi,

I want to use Apply function over generateuuid, so I am taking an expression like given below:
=apply(fn!generateuuid, {ri!test})
here ri!test is a text array. But when I am running this rule, I am getting the below error:

Expression evaluation error at function 'apply': com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: Unexpected number of parameters. (APNX-1-4158-001)

Can anyone guide us how can I do it. I don't want to use MNI.

Thanks
Rishu

OriginalPostID-194546

OriginalPostID-194546

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There are many ways to generate UUIDs in Appian without custom functions. And a database call can end up being costly and unnecessary. Personally, I'm partial to the below expression when I want to generate a UUID. Though, again, it is worth considering whether a UUID is actually needed. UUIDs tend to be overused in general (not specific to Appian) because they are so easy to generate, but in many cases, it's overkill and you end up using a very long string where a much shorter one would have sufficed.

left(
    concat(
    dec2hex(split(random(), ".")[2]),
    dec2hex(split(random(), ".")[2])),
    32)

• There are many ways to generate UUIDs in Appian without custom functions. And a database call can end up being costly and unnecessary. Personally, I'm partial to the below expression when I want to generate a UUID. Though, again, it is worth considering whether a UUID is actually needed. UUIDs tend to be overused in general (not specific to Appian) because they are so easy to generate, but in many cases, it's overkill and you end up using a very long string where a much shorter one would have sufficed.

left(
    concat(
    dec2hex(split(random(), ".")[2])),
    32)

Children
No Data