Hello! Does anyone know how to PROGRAMMATICALLY (that is with the us

Hello!

Does anyone know how to PROGRAMMATICALLY (that is with the use of a calculated expression) define a Constant to be updated in the UpdateConstant smart node (under rule management)

I need to update a big number of constants from values taken from a Query Entity and currently I need to create one node for each constant that I need to update manually, that is create some tenths of nodes and lines in the update scheme manually. This is clearly not a good practice but since I cannot find a way to use the update node I have no other choice.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

OriginalPostID-198353

OriginalPostID-198353

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @samartzisg To the best of my knowledge, here goes answers to your questions:
    a. Yes it works for only one folder, but this folder is the global Rules folder which consists of all the rules beneath it in a given Appian instance.
    b. You may modify the plugin so that it accepts the folder(or its uuid) and then search in the same folder. But please rethink before doing so, as the search is now performed globally as per my knowledge.
    c. Yes the search is made in global Rules folder(As per Appian designer, it's the Rules tab)and it really doesn't matter where you place the constant. To verify it, search UUID_ROOT_RULES_FOLDER in the API and you may find it in Content Constants(as per my idea) and this should clarify your doubts if any. (I am unable to point out a link currently as I am on mobile now.)
  • @samartzisg To the best of my knowledge, here goes answers to your questions:
    a. Yes it works for only one folder, but this folder is the global Rules folder which consists of all the rules beneath it in a given Appian instance.
    b. You may modify the plugin so that it accepts the folder(or its uuid) and then search in the same folder. But please rethink before doing so, as the search is now performed globally as per my knowledge.
    c. Yes the search is made in global Rules folder(As per Appian designer, it's the Rules tab)and it really doesn't matter where you place the constant. To verify it, search UUID_ROOT_RULES_FOLDER in the API and you may find it in Content Constants(as per my idea) and this should clarify your doubts if any. (I am unable to point out a link currently as I am on mobile now.)
Children
No Data