EVAL:@reason=Rule 'substitute' has 1 parameters, but instead passed 3 pa

EVAL:@reason=Rule 'substitute' has 1 parameters, but instead passed 3 parameters. I don't know what happened with the substitute function. Based on the syntax: substitute( text, find, replace_with, [instance_num] ), it should require 3 parameters, but why am i getting this error?Please clarify. Thanks....

OriginalPostID-66150

OriginalPostID-66150

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • To test if this was introduced by somebody accidentally creating a rule or a custom function plug-in with the name "substitute", wherever you are testing with the out of the box function "substitute" just add the prefix fn! to the function name with the right parameters and test (e.g. test in the rules interface) that should work confirming the issue is somebody created a rule or a function that is now in conflict with the out of the box one.

fn!substitute(...)

To solve the issue take a look at the instructions I posted here: forum.appian.com/.../6055
  • To test if this was introduced by somebody accidentally creating a rule or a custom function plug-in with the name "substitute", wherever you are testing with the out of the box function "substitute" just add the prefix fn! to the function name with the right parameters and test (e.g. test in the rules interface) that should work confirming the issue is somebody created a rule or a function that is now in conflict with the out of the box one.

fn!substitute(...)

To solve the issue take a look at the instructions I posted here: forum.appian.com/.../6055
Children
No Data