I am trying to loop through a CDT and replace any null values with 0.

I am trying to loop through a CDT and replace any null values with 0.

To test this out, I added a button on my form and upon clicking the button I am executing:

a!save(ri!BuyerSeller, apply(rule!ReplaceNulls,ri!BuyerSeller)) /*ri!BuyerSeller is the CDT in which I want to loop through and replace nulls*/

My "rule!ReplaceNulls" is as follows (currently I am just trying to get 1 field to work in the CDT, but this will end up being 3 fields)
={
if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount),0,ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount)
}

I keep receiving an error about "Invalid index: Cannot index property "buyerProject" of type Text into type Number (Decimal)".
buyerProject is the first element of my CDT, but this is not one of the fields I care to parse through and check for nulls. How can I loop through a CDT and replace nulls values? Thanks

OriginalPostID-202277

OriginalPostID-202277

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Associate Developer
    Interesting - I just tried another test with dummy objects and it updates only the nulls to zero as expected (See below).

Stupid question here but are you testing this in the interface editor or are you running a process model and clicking on the submit within a real task? Also, does the test code below work for you when you try it in a new rule?

------------

load(
    local!test: {
    {Id:1, feeAmount: toDecimal(1)},
    {Id:2, feeAmount: toDecimal(2)},
    {Id:3, feeAmount: toDecimal(null())},
    {Id:4, feeAmount: toDecimal(12.31)},
    {Id:5, feeAmount: toDecimal(null())},
    {Id:6, feeAmount: toDecimal(null())}
    },
    updateArray(local!test.feeAmount, wherecontains(todecimal(null()), todecimal(local!test.feeAmount)), 0)
    )
    Certified Associate Developer
    Interesting - I just tried another test with dummy objects and it updates only the nulls to zero as expected (See below).

Stupid question here but are you testing this in the interface editor or are you running a process model and clicking on the submit within a real task? Also, does the test code below work for you when you try it in a new rule?

------------

load(
    local!test: {
    {Id:1, feeAmount: toDecimal(1)},
    {Id:2, feeAmount: toDecimal(2)},
    {Id:3, feeAmount: toDecimal(null())},
    {Id:4, feeAmount: toDecimal(12.31)},
    {Id:5, feeAmount: toDecimal(null())},
    {Id:6, feeAmount: toDecimal(null())}
    },
    updateArray(local!test.feeAmount, wherecontains(todecimal(null()), todecimal(local!test.feeAmount)), 0)
    )
Children
No Data