I am trying to loop through a CDT and replace any null values with 0.

I am trying to loop through a CDT and replace any null values with 0.

To test this out, I added a button on my form and upon clicking the button I am executing:

a!save(ri!BuyerSeller, apply(rule!ReplaceNulls,ri!BuyerSeller)) /*ri!BuyerSeller is the CDT in which I want to loop through and replace nulls*/

My "rule!ReplaceNulls" is as follows (currently I am just trying to get 1 field to work in the CDT, but this will end up being 3 fields)
={
if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount),0,ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount)
}

I keep receiving an error about "Invalid index: Cannot index property "buyerProject" of type Text into type Number (Decimal)".
buyerProject is the first element of my CDT, but this is not one of the fields I care to parse through and check for nulls. How can I loop through a CDT and replace nulls values? Thanks

OriginalPostID-202277

OriginalPostID-202277

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Wanted to follow up about this issue: I got it to work by installing the "CDT Manipulation" plugin. forum.appian.com/.../summary

So now on my submit button I have:
    a!save(ri!BuyerSeller, apply(rule!ReplaceNulls,ri!BuyerSeller)),

My rule!ReplaceNulls is as follows: (input is my CDT (Any Type))
    ={

updatecdt(
    ri!BuyerSeller,
    {
    feeAmount: if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount),0,ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount),
    totalDollarAmt: if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.totalDollarAmt),0,ri!BuyerSeller.totalDollarAmt),
    totalHours: if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.totalHours),0,ri!BuyerSeller.totalHours)
    }
    )
    }
    Thanks everyone for your ideas, help, and patience. The learning curve is slowly getting smaller. :)
  • Wanted to follow up about this issue: I got it to work by installing the "CDT Manipulation" plugin. forum.appian.com/.../summary

So now on my submit button I have:
    a!save(ri!BuyerSeller, apply(rule!ReplaceNulls,ri!BuyerSeller)),

My rule!ReplaceNulls is as follows: (input is my CDT (Any Type))
    ={

updatecdt(
    ri!BuyerSeller,
    {
    feeAmount: if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount),0,ri!BuyerSeller.feeAmount),
    totalDollarAmt: if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.totalDollarAmt),0,ri!BuyerSeller.totalDollarAmt),
    totalHours: if(isnull(ri!BuyerSeller.totalHours),0,ri!BuyerSeller.totalHours)
    }
    )
    }
    Thanks everyone for your ideas, help, and patience. The learning curve is slowly getting smaller. :)
Children
No Data