We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

In the process of putting in a task report using the a!queryProcessAnalytics() f

In the process of putting in a task report using the a!queryProcessAnalytics() function to replace the getportalreportdatasubset() due to the load time. Am having some trouble putting a dynamic filter on the grid and getting the sort ability to work on the columns.
In the past when using the getportalreportdatasubset() function we've had to use a 'data manipulator' rule and convert all the values to a string before putting them in a grid ie:

local!gridData: todatasubset( apply( rule!applyDataManipulation, getportalreportdatasubset(ri!dataInput, a!pagingInfo)))

Then would put the local!gridData into the grid. However this approach hasn't worked successfully with the a!queryProcessAnalyics()

Does anyone have any suggestions with using this function using dynamic filters, data manipulation, and keeping the sort working properly.
**I have attempted to use the Appian provided example but am looking for more robust examples.

OriginalPostID-205826

OriginalPostID-205826

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• What exactly are you trying in manipulation in applyDataManipulation ?
    Please note that the data format which is pulled using a!queryProcessAnalytics() is different compared to getportalreportdatasubset().
  • @ashleyb Hi, I don't think that commenting on your approach is apt without taking a look at rule!applyDataManipulation() or the way you applied filters in the getportalreportdatasubset(). What I can say at a very high level as of now, the formats differ in both the cases. Just in case, if you haven't got access to the documentation of getportalreportdatasubset(), please find attached here with this post. I would suggest comparing it with the queryProcessAnalytics() and then see what needs to be done in order to transform the implementation from getportalreportdatasubset() or queryProcessAnalytics().

FYI, even we have come across this some time ago and took time to analyse the differences and slowly transformed the implementation from one to other. I can also quote one simple example here - We used to store the result of the getportalreportdatasubset() into one ACP and used to store some fields in ACP into PV in the Outputs. Post changing the implementation to queryProcessAnalytics(), we didn't see the values in the PV as expected. So I would also like to summarise that, though the output of the functions seems identical by name 'PortalReportDataSubset', the actual format differs.