I am creating a query entity rule where I need to compare one of my ri value whi

I am creating a query entity rule where I need to compare one of my ri value which is date type with the DB column which is datetime type. I am getting error, Cannot apply operator [EQUALS] to field [UpdatedDateTime] when comparing to value [TypedValue[it=7,v=2016-06-17]].

How to achieve this?

OriginalPostID-219192

OriginalPostID-219192

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I think the problem is with the ri. Up to my knowledge I think you are saving the datateime value into a text type variable in Appian and I suspect the value format is 'yyyy-MM-dd' instead of 'MM-dd-yyyy'. Please check the format once.

In any case, you need to make sure the value format as 'MM-dd-yyyy' and then convert the value to datetime by using either of the functions: todatetime(), cast().
    I would recommend you to go for todatetime() function because the execution time will be faster than cast()

Hope it helps!!
  • I think the problem is with the ri. Up to my knowledge I think you are saving the datateime value into a text type variable in Appian and I suspect the value format is 'yyyy-MM-dd' instead of 'MM-dd-yyyy'. Please check the format once.

In any case, you need to make sure the value format as 'MM-dd-yyyy' and then convert the value to datetime by using either of the functions: todatetime(), cast().
    I would recommend you to go for todatetime() function because the execution time will be faster than cast()

Hope it helps!!
Children
No Data