Question on implementing line breaks

Hi,

I have used char(10) char(13) in my expression rule to achieve line break in text. I could have get the output with line break as expected in expression rule output.
But, when I called the same expression into "Send Email" smart services' Expression editor. Its coming with single line which is not actual output for that Expression rule. Is there any other way to overcome this issue?

Note : I have not user "Use a text or HTML Template" option used "Enter Text here" Only. Expecting some solution for this.
Thanks,
Arunkumar C

OriginalPostID-224493

OriginalPostID-224493

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks!!! Yeah I am trying into send email smart service only. I will try to use "<br>" directly in my mail body configuration.
    My core doubt is when expression rule is returning the output with line break why this not coming up into process model?
    Leave about send email smart service I just tested to save the output of that expression rule into pv that time also line break is not working.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to arunkumarc
    Hi Arun,
    You are storing same value in you PV. As I know, a process variable will not accept the next line. Automatically it will be remove the line break and accept everything as a single string line. It is similar to email Subject ,as you cannot have email subject in multiple line. Similarly, an Appian process variables will not accept a line break (by default- design limitation).But, It will work fine with expression rule or HTML template in your case. Thanks
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to arunkumarc
    Hi Arun,
    You are storing same value in you PV. As I know, a process variable will not accept the next line. Automatically it will be remove the line break and accept everything as a single string line. It is similar to email Subject ,as you cannot have email subject in multiple line. Similarly, an Appian process variables will not accept a line break (by default- design limitation).But, It will work fine with expression rule or HTML template in your case. Thanks
Children