Cast multiple type into single

Hi, is there a method to obtain the type of a certain multiple variable? Say ri!a, which is a multiple text variable, I want ri!b to have the same type of ri!a but not multiple that is a text variable. I found out that it can be done by typename(typeof(ri!a)-1) for a CDT type, but the same doesn't work for appian primitive data type. Any suggestion? Thanks

OriginalPostID-246569

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @erick I am not sure if it's a standard way but you can give it a try as follows:

Type number of Number Integer = 1, Type number of Number Integer Multiple = 101
    Type number of Number Decimal = 2, Type number of Number Decimal Multiple = 102
    Type number of Text = 3, Type number of Text Multiple = 103
    Type number of Boolean = 26, Type number of Boolean Multiple = 126

If you observe the pattern above, the difference between single value and an array is always 100. I believe this holds well for Primitve Data Types.

Even the following will do the job for Primitve as well as Complex data types as long as the array holds a value and is not null:

fn!typename(fn!typeof(fn!index(ri!input,1)))
    /*Should work provided if you are not trying to take the data type of Input as Any Type and trying to implement a generic rule.*/
  • @erick I am not sure if it's a standard way but you can give it a try as follows:

Type number of Number Integer = 1, Type number of Number Integer Multiple = 101
    Type number of Number Decimal = 2, Type number of Number Decimal Multiple = 102
    Type number of Text = 3, Type number of Text Multiple = 103
    Type number of Boolean = 26, Type number of Boolean Multiple = 126

If you observe the pattern above, the difference between single value and an array is always 100. I believe this holds well for Primitve Data Types.

Even the following will do the job for Primitve as well as Complex data types as long as the array holds a value and is not null:

fn!typename(fn!typeof(fn!index(ri!input,1)))
    /*Should work provided if you are not trying to take the data type of Input as Any Type and trying to implement a generic rule.*/
Children
No Data