Hello all, I have an expression rule which looks up (via query) and then re

Certified Lead Developer
Hello all,
I have an expression rule which looks up (via query) and then returns a single member of a CDT array. My issue is that there is one corner case in which I would like to override one specific element in that CDT as it's returned, but for the life of me I can't figure out any workable way to do this. Any suggestions, or is it even possible?...

OriginalPostID-72086

OriginalPostID-72086

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Revat, if I can call you in for one further piece of advice here: I'm using the type! constructor (successfully) as you recommended, with the following issue: the expression rule fully evaluates the CDT with the URL of our dev environment, any time the rule is saved. The rule is now generating an error when we try to import it into our test environment, and I believe this is the reason for the error (mismatched URLs). I have tried stripping out the URL but it always reverts back to how it was. Is there anything I can do to force it to save ONLY by the name of the CDT (since the same CDT will be imported to the other environment anyway)? Otherwise this functionality isn't of much use to me, since it isn't cooperating with the environment port.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Revat, if I can call you in for one further piece of advice here: I'm using the type! constructor (successfully) as you recommended, with the following issue: the expression rule fully evaluates the CDT with the URL of our dev environment, any time the rule is saved. The rule is now generating an error when we try to import it into our test environment, and I believe this is the reason for the error (mismatched URLs). I have tried stripping out the URL but it always reverts back to how it was. Is there anything I can do to force it to save ONLY by the name of the CDT (since the same CDT will be imported to the other environment anyway)? Otherwise this functionality isn't of much use to me, since it isn't cooperating with the environment port.
Children
No Data