Case-insensitive username search

A list of usernames is coming into the system via an external source in an all-lowercase format. Is there a way to do a case insensitive username search in Appian? user() is case sensitive and usersearch() does not appear to have username as a search option.

OriginalPostID-251460

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The issue is that some users are all lowercase, while others are mixed (e.g. given the usernames JDoe, doeja, KimDa, lawre I have no way of matching them to a list like this from a source system {"jdoe", "doeja", "kimda", "lawre"}. I think the application that was having this problem is going to see if the source system can pass user emails to Appian, rather than usernames since those can be matched easily.
  • The issue is that some users are all lowercase, while others are mixed (e.g. given the usernames JDoe, doeja, KimDa, lawre I have no way of matching them to a list like this from a source system {"jdoe", "doeja", "kimda", "lawre"}. I think the application that was having this problem is going to see if the source system can pass user emails to Appian, rather than usernames since those can be matched easily.
Children