Nested CDT and type() function

Hi Team,
I have defined a CDT by importing XSD. There are some complex types defined and appropriate references are given in XSD to define the type. When I try to do type!mynestedCDT() --This element refers to another complex type , is returning invalid data type ,although I am able to see them properly defined in the Data Management tab

OriginalPostID-261026

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks for the help extended...let me re-phrase this question a bit for clarity. What I am trying to do is to use "torecord" in an expression rule. The second parameter for this function is the variable defined as the CDT Type ,in rule expression what I am trying to do is 1.declare a local variable of type!mynestedCDT and use this local variable as second parameter for torecord() . But it seems torecord can be used only from inside PM and not expression rules
  • Thanks for the help extended...let me re-phrase this question a bit for clarity. What I am trying to do is to use "torecord" in an expression rule. The second parameter for this function is the variable defined as the CDT Type ,in rule expression what I am trying to do is 1.declare a local variable of type!mynestedCDT and use this local variable as second parameter for torecord() . But it seems torecord can be used only from inside PM and not expression rules
Children
No Data