empId
firstName
lastName
designationId

Designation
---------------
designationId
designationDescription

I want to show employee empId,firstName,designationDescription in grid.
Whats are the best possible solution to show designationDescription in grid with minimum number of database calls.

Below are some solution approach i have in my list
1. Create view for Employee Details
Cons:
1. Need to create extra view and CDT
2. Pass designationId list and get designationDescirption
Cons:
Desgination desciption might not come in sorted order of desgination id for in operator

OriginalPostID-261448

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    View is my general approach so that I can tune view without making changes in Appian.

However, yours is a simple call and only two tables.

I have tested previously that this simple of a query across two tables is straight forward for hibernate. If you create a CDt that holds designation as nested, the query across two tables in hibernate will be very similar in execution time to using a view.

So, you really need to look at what all you want to do with the data. If you are going to filter by designation a lot, a view might make sense.

Just my thoughts. Hope that helps.
    Certified Lead Developer
    View is my general approach so that I can tune view without making changes in Appian.

However, yours is a simple call and only two tables.

I have tested previously that this simple of a query across two tables is straight forward for hibernate. If you create a CDt that holds designation as nested, the query across two tables in hibernate will be very similar in execution time to using a view.

So, you really need to look at what all you want to do with the data. If you are going to filter by designation a lot, a view might make sense.

Just my thoughts. Hope that helps.
Children
No Data