empId
firstName
lastName
designationId

Designation
---------------
designationId
designationDescription

I want to show employee empId,firstName,designationDescription in grid.
Whats are the best possible solution to show designationDescription in grid with minimum number of database calls.

Below are some solution approach i have in my list
1. Create view for Employee Details
Cons:
1. Need to create extra view and CDT
2. Pass designationId list and get designationDescirption
Cons:
Desgination desciption might not come in sorted order of desgination id for in operator

OriginalPostID-261448

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    But also, in order to reduce number of calls it's not a good idea of going for Query Database Smart Service as well as Nested CDT, however these are the several optional available for us as @christineh explain above in brief.

An another option could be, creating a Appian Expression Function in java, which can execute any SQL Queries (including Join) into respective Database schema based on parameters provided to it through Appian, Dynamically, and returning JSON as response.
    Certified Lead Developer
    But also, in order to reduce number of calls it's not a good idea of going for Query Database Smart Service as well as Nested CDT, however these are the several optional available for us as @christineh explain above in brief.

An another option could be, creating a Appian Expression Function in java, which can execute any SQL Queries (including Join) into respective Database schema based on parameters provided to it through Appian, Dynamically, and returning JSON as response.
Children
No Data