Execute rules dynamically

Is there a way to execute rules in appian dynamically ?

Example execute ( <<rule Name>> , Map of parameters (<<key>> , <<Value >> ) ) .
Instead of static definition and checking rule name we want to dynamically invoke rules . So if i have the name of the rule i want to call the rule at run-time instead at compile time .

If there a handle on the uuid and we can execute the rule then it is possible .

OriginalPostID-268793

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Dhirajk, I don't think there is a direct approach for the same. But I have come across similar situation where I went for hierarchy of rules. Meaning that, I have created a top level rule which will have a Text type rule input parameter - for rule name and list of parameters (the list should cover all the parameters for all the expected rules that may be passed). It is like calling a rule by name but within another rule but with this approach we would need to know the list of parameters before hand. It is not the exact dynamic functionality that fits as a solution to your problem statement.
  • Hi Dhirajk, I don't think there is a direct approach for the same. But I have come across similar situation where I went for hierarchy of rules. Meaning that, I have created a top level rule which will have a Text type rule input parameter - for rule name and list of parameters (the list should cover all the parameters for all the expected rules that may be passed). It is like calling a rule by name but within another rule but with this approach we would need to know the list of parameters before hand. It is not the exact dynamic functionality that fits as a solution to your problem statement.
Children
No Data