Execute rules dynamically

Is there a way to execute rules in appian dynamically ?

Example execute ( <<rule Name>> , Map of parameters (<<key>> , <<Value >> ) ) .
Instead of static definition and checking rule name we want to dynamically invoke rules . So if i have the name of the rule i want to call the rule at run-time instead at compile time .

If there a handle on the uuid and we can execute the rule then it is possible .

OriginalPostID-268793

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Exercise caution when entangling rules like this under the presumption that it saves any time or creates a more reliable application. Dynamic calls of methods/rules based upon, effectively, a map of maps will cause indeterminate behavior and simply move your coding efforts from calling static rules to dealing with a map of maps.

I also wouldn't want to be the developer on the next iteration of the app. The large majority of the debugging effort will go into figuring out what rules & arguments are being called - leading to likely mis-characterization of root causes of bugs.
  • Exercise caution when entangling rules like this under the presumption that it saves any time or creates a more reliable application. Dynamic calls of methods/rules based upon, effectively, a map of maps will cause indeterminate behavior and simply move your coding efforts from calling static rules to dealing with a map of maps.

I also wouldn't want to be the developer on the next iteration of the app. The large majority of the debugging effort will go into figuring out what rules & arguments are being called - leading to likely mis-characterization of root causes of bugs.
Children
No Data