NColumn Table

Is there a way I can replicate the same way of what NColumn Table expression is doing as I see the HTML Display Functions are removed from the shared Components.
Is there any reason for that?
Can someone suggest an Exact alternate

OriginalPostID-271431

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Associate Developer
    The HTML display functions were removed since they are generally only relevant to portal apps, and portal is deprecated. There is no reason that you can't simply use expressions to generate an HTML table.
  • Thanks Nathan, for the reply but we have a scenario where we use Ncolumn table in Send Email where we use it to prepare a Table, we first showed it to the user, and they really like the approach, Now they wanted to the same colors and the same display that is the reason why I was looking it for it, anyways I will try to find an alternate approach.
  • Hi,
    If the use of ncolumn table is to display in an email, then I would suggest use HTML pre-defined template for sending emails. First prepare the HTML template use CSS to design your table look and feel and upload into Appian knowledge centre and consume it by selecting use HTML template in the send email smart service option. Now you would be interested to know how the data will be populated dynamically? For this wherever you want data dynamically use ###empName### like wise for other required columns in the base html template. After this once you refresh the template inside send email smart service, automatically these fields will be displayed and you can configure process variables which will hold your actual values.
    Hope this is useful.
  • Thanks Kumar for the inputs, Yes indeed I will go with this approach.
  • I am glad, i could help. Please have the HTML script available with me, thought you could make a quick use of it.

HTMLTABLE.txt

• Yes,create a sample HTML and upload in SC in Appian .Use this HTML as a template in send email smart service. .I tried coloring the rows with static data and it's working .Thanks kumar.

I have a requirement where I have to populate the table data from list using HTML template option as we need the specific rows to be colored based on one of the column value in table.

Example : I have students data to be displayed based on the performance column called Grade. That is students with grade
    A in color yellow ,students with grade B in orange color and students with grade C in red color.
    I want to iterate the list and based on the grade value grouping and coloring needs to be done.
    Can we achieve this using user defined template or suggest any other way to do this.? Currently we had implemented using ncolumn and default HTML template.