Submitting a form via the Enter Key

Certified Associate Developer

Pre-SAIL Appian allowed for a default submit button to be designated on a form so that when a user hit the enter key the default button action would be triggered.

However it appears that this functionality is no longer available.  Has anyone found a way to achieve the same functionality? We are creating a highly used form and users would like the enter key to trigger a submit.  For design reasons we are unable to utilize dynamic SAIL to mimic the submit behavior.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    In current SAIL forms (updated to act a bit more consistent as of 17.1 / 17.2), an ENTER keypress in most single-line fields (text, integer, NOT paragraph, etc), will cause the "refreshAfter" event to fire (i.e. when set to the default value / "UNFOCUS"), which is very useful for on-form filtering etc. This seems mostly mutually-exclusive with "enter to submit" functionality unless it were implemented in a new and very specific way.

When I'm testing my process flows and I want to minimize kb/mouse switch-offs, what I most often end up doing (which works well as long as you know how), is TAB-selecting down to the action button I want, and pressing SPACE to toggle that button, i.e. submit the form or whatever else you want.
    Certified Lead Developer
    In current SAIL forms (updated to act a bit more consistent as of 17.1 / 17.2), an ENTER keypress in most single-line fields (text, integer, NOT paragraph, etc), will cause the "refreshAfter" event to fire (i.e. when set to the default value / "UNFOCUS"), which is very useful for on-form filtering etc. This seems mostly mutually-exclusive with "enter to submit" functionality unless it were implemented in a new and very specific way.

When I'm testing my process flows and I want to minimize kb/mouse switch-offs, what I most often end up doing (which works well as long as you know how), is TAB-selecting down to the action button I want, and pressing SPACE to toggle that button, i.e. submit the form or whatever else you want.
Children
No Data