How to create customizable Record List.

Hi Community,

I have a Grid style Record List as one of page on my site. As that grid have more than 20 columns.

I want to restrict it to 8-9 columns and give user power to customize or select any 8-9 columns out of 20 columns of their choice to view.

Is it possible in Appian to create some drag and drop column kind of thing from the list of columns ? I want this because showing 20 columns on a single page is not user friendly.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, in Records you can set up fields in grid view, but they are always visible.

If you want to use record you should have main fields in the grid and the rest in summary view for a particular record.

You can use a report and implement it as you proposed with kind of check-boxes that control column visibility.

As a workaround (which I don't like) you can create a number of record types based on the same data but with different set of visible fields.
  • Hi, in Records you can set up fields in grid view, but they are always visible.

If you want to use record you should have main fields in the grid and the rest in summary view for a particular record.

You can use a report and implement it as you proposed with kind of check-boxes that control column visibility.

As a workaround (which I don't like) you can create a number of record types based on the same data but with different set of visible fields.
Children
No Data