Passing a value to a record summary view

I am selecting a value of radio button in an task interface after selecting this value only I need to show a section in the record summary view.

How can I implement that? Any inputs will be helpful.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• If it is entity backed record, save the radio button value in database from task interface, and while calling the section on record summary, check for the value. If it exists show the section otherwise hide it. In process backed record, you can directly use the process variable to check the value, based on that you can show or hide the particular section.
  • My issue is we will be not saving the value to DB and there are two ways to see the record summary view.If the user submits the form through Actions then the form will be displayed to the user in that form we are having a radio group. When the user clicks any value and submitted the form he will be seeing a section in record summary view.

And the other flow was the user sees the record summary view without selecting the form. Then the section need not to be shown.
  • And I want to know that can we pass a value to other interface when the user selects any radio button value?(like flag or something)
  • And I want to know that can we pass a value to other interface when the user selects any radio button value?(like flag or something) :
    Here one of the option is you have to right value into DB with a!writeToDataStoreEntity() function. I know you are not saving anything into DB. But I guess that's the only option you have.
  • Hi Santosh, you cannot pass variables between record summary view interfaces and user input interfaces because the two are not connected via a process model. Therefore, you must write the flag to the database. I would suggest adding a column to the database table that represents the entity-backed record and adding a boolean field to your CDT for that column. When the user selects any value from your radio button field, you use a!save() to save true() to the boolean field in the CDT. Then, write the CDT to the database.

In your record, you may use rf! to select the CDT field for the boolean. If it is true(), display the record summary view to the user. If not, do not display the record summary view.

Hope that helps.