Passing a value to a record summary view

I am selecting a value of radio button in an task interface after selecting this value only I need to show a section in the record summary view.

How can I implement that? Any inputs will be helpful.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Santosh, you cannot pass variables between record summary view interfaces and user input interfaces because the two are not connected via a process model. Therefore, you must write the flag to the database. I would suggest adding a column to the database table that represents the entity-backed record and adding a boolean field to your CDT for that column. When the user selects any value from your radio button field, you use a!save() to save true() to the boolean field in the CDT. Then, write the CDT to the database.

In your record, you may use rf! to select the CDT field for the boolean. If it is true(), display the record summary view to the user. If not, do not display the record summary view.

Hope that helps.
  • Hi Santosh, you cannot pass variables between record summary view interfaces and user input interfaces because the two are not connected via a process model. Therefore, you must write the flag to the database. I would suggest adding a column to the database table that represents the entity-backed record and adding a boolean field to your CDT for that column. When the user selects any value from your radio button field, you use a!save() to save true() to the boolean field in the CDT. Then, write the CDT to the database.

In your record, you may use rf! to select the CDT field for the boolean. If it is true(), display the record summary view to the user. If not, do not display the record summary view.

Hope that helps.
Children
No Data