hi all, is there a way to prevent a grid from showing a default empty row

hi all,
is there a way to prevent a grid from showing a default empty row ?
i did some test.
this will occur when the grid includes a true/false column or dropdown column(these fields are all not required).

however if you set null as default value to true/false field, sometimes the default empty row disappears.
accturally i have two models. grids in the two models both only have text and true/false columns. but one grid does not show default empty row, and the other still shows the empty row. the value of the true/false column is false.

i hope i make the question clear.

thanks in advance.

fyi, i'm using appian6.71....

OriginalPostID-79864

OriginalPostID-79864

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

I have faced a similar issue where the data for the Grid was a rule which returns a data subset. I was facing a empty row is being displayed even if there is no data. The data in the data subset is literally null() and it does not have any value. The Grid is showing a empty row is because of the total count it received form the data subset. In my case the totalCount returned was 1. So, the grid displayed a row as the totalCount received from the rule was 1. So, the conclusion is whenever a grid shows a empty value even if there is no default value then the issue is with the totalCount.

Certified Senior Developer

I have faced a similar issue where the data for the Grid was a rule which returns a data subset. I was facing a empty row is being displayed even if there is no data. The data in the data subset is literally null() and it does not have any value. The Grid is showing a empty row is because of the total count it received form the data subset. In my case the totalCount returned was 1. So, the grid displayed a row as the totalCount received from the rule was 1. So, the conclusion is whenever a grid shows a empty value even if there is no default value then the issue is with the totalCount.

Children
No Data