can we incorporate NEWS Feeds in an Interface or Site ?

I want to incorporate News Feed that comes in Tempo into an interface or Site? How I can approach this use case?

Thanks,

Mandar

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to John Cowles
    Hi John,
    We are looking for both, to add record news to sites and also adding new entries as comments/messages with reply option in another scenario. Thanks!
  • Hey John!

I actually have a similar use case for implementing news entries to as a SAIL component (which could be used anywhere such as a Site, Record Dashboard, etc).

I am essentially building a process very similar to Appian's Case Management process, but I think it would be more presentable to replace the comments grid with the news feature for back and forth between parties.

My vision is that when a case is created, a news feed is created and the news entry ID is captured and can be tagged to that record or simply stored for reference. I would then like to have a SAIL component (eg - a!newsEntry()) that could be displayed in any SAIL interface and any communication would take place inline in that component.

This would be great for cases when we do not necessarily need to store the commentary to an entity or a pv, but could utilize Appian's news feature for all the commentary on a news entry with just a news feed ID.

Let me know if you have further questions, I'd be happy to explain further.