When using the Documents and Folders Field Input on a form, is there a way to se

When using the Documents and Folders Field Input on a form, is there a way to set the browse window to default to a specific folder directory instead of the user having to search for their document?...

OriginalPostID-84260

OriginalPostID-84260

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Lincoln, the configuration you are requesting is not yet supported OOTB. The Documents and/or Folders browser also supports auto-complete, so the end user may be trained to pick the document using the auto-complete instead of browsing through the hierarchy. Please let me know if this may not solve your use case.
    Certified Lead Developer
    You could use the getdocumentsfromfolder() expression if you want to limit your results to a particular folder. Then you could save the results of this expression into a CDT and use it either in a paging grid or dropdown list.
  • I think it would be a good enhancement if the file picker can be extended to restrict (programmatically through expression or through file/folder selection) which folders or list of documents that can be searched through auto-complete or browse window.

To another extent, the user picker could also apply the same concept by allowing the process designers to restrict the users or groups that can appear when searching (through auto-complete or browsing window) from the user picker. This will make the process more efficient as it will remove the work around to achieve the same feat with just those enhanced controls. Just my two cents :)