How to fix error: Could not cast from User to Users - when there is only one Appian data type called "Users"?

How to fix error: Could not cast from User to Users - when there is only one Appian data type called "Users"?

Not sure how it determines the new user type of singular form "User" and why it cannot cast. Please advice how to fix this.

Thank You

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Anusha,

1) As per my understanding we have "User" Appian data type (i.e available only as RI's/AC's/PV's not as CDT elements types) there is no "Users" appian data type.
    2) We can clearly observe that You have added a "Users" CDT as a Nested CDT to the Main cdt.

To store the User value.
    1) You need to create a text field in CDT(requestor_cdt) and store it directly.
    2) Create a Rule input with "User" type and store it and then map to cdt text field
    3) In Your Case. In the Interface , store it in Nested CDT field ( requester_cdt.Users.UserName)

Thanks
  • Hi Anusha,

1) As per my understanding we have "User" Appian data type (i.e available only as RI's/AC's/PV's not as CDT elements types) there is no "Users" appian data type.
    2) We can clearly observe that You have added a "Users" CDT as a Nested CDT to the Main cdt.

To store the User value.
    1) You need to create a text field in CDT(requestor_cdt) and store it directly.
    2) Create a Rule input with "User" type and store it and then map to cdt text field
    3) In Your Case. In the Interface , store it in Nested CDT field ( requester_cdt.Users.UserName)

Thanks
Children
No Data