Mobile browser detection

I've been using the Appian functions a!isNativePhone() and a!isNativeTablet() to check if the logged in user is using a mobile device so that I can render the page specifically. This has identified if the user is using the Appian app on their mobile device.

Is there also a way to find out if the user is using a browser on a mobile device? I'm finding that these users are being presented with the full desktop view of my pages.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I took a look into available plug-ins and found the Excel Tool plug-in has a function called queryAppianlogs() that allows you to query Appian system logs by using a SQL statement.

With this, you could potentially query for the login-audit.csv file & structure the SQL statement to pull details pertaining only to the given user and select the 'User Agent' information to figure out if the user is using a browser on their mobile device.

More info for the Excel Tool plug-in can be found here: Excel Tool Plug-In

More info for the login-audit csv file can be found here: Logging Info

From the documentation, it seems as though the login-audit file records distinctive information for mobile browser clients but I could be misinterpreting this.

• I took a look into available plug-ins and found the Excel Tool plug-in has a function called queryAppianlogs() that allows you to query Appian system logs by using a SQL statement.

With this, you could potentially query for the login-audit.csv file & structure the SQL statement to pull details pertaining only to the given user and select the 'User Agent' information to figure out if the user is using a browser on their mobile device.

More info for the Excel Tool plug-in can be found here: Excel Tool Plug-In

More info for the login-audit csv file can be found here: Logging Info

From the documentation, it seems as though the login-audit file records distinctive information for mobile browser clients but I could be misinterpreting this.

Children