How can I get Inputs from a User Input Task, and I only know the Task ID?

Hi!

I have a problem when I try to load a Interface1 (inside another Interface2). My code is:

links: if(fv!item.configuredDrilldown = "TASK_DETAILS",
                a!forEach(
                        items: index(local!report.data, fv!item.drilldownField, {}),
                        /*expression: a!processTaskLink(task: fv!item)*/
                        expression: a!dynamicLink(
                                  value: fv!item,
                                  saveInto: ri!id
                                  )
                         ),
                         null
                )

Using a!processTaskLink(), open the Task in Tempo (keeping the inputs values). But, I wat to see the Interface Task (Interface2) down my grid (Interface1). Grid where Im going selected the different Task.

I retrieve the Task ID with a!dynamicLink() function, but dont know how access to inputs (or reference, or something to show the Interface2 values on the bottom of the Interface1).

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Can you provide a bit more detail as to what you're trying to accomplish? In particular, I can't tell what you mean by "see the Interface Task (Interface2) down my grid (Interface1)."... or even what you're trying to do overall.
  • Hi Mike!

Just as Josep says, the idea is similar to:
    docs.appian.com/.../recipe_use_links_in_a_grid_to_show_more_details_about_an_object.html

But in the example, its using a CDT. In my case, I show my Tasks in the grid and the inputs task details down (when I click someone).
    I cannt find the way to get any data about inputs (although I´ve could recover the task id).
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Pablo Ramos Clemente
    I'm still pretty unclear what you mean by "inputs task details"? Do you mean the ACPs? As far as i know these are not available externally until the task is submitted.
  • Hi Mike!

When I talk about "inputs task details", I mean the input variables that the Task has. Variables that Im using in the form of the Task. I think the last post can explain it better.

Regards,
    Pablo.
  • As mentioned by other practitioners and AFAIK too, you cannot access the Inputs/outputs from the task. But what you can do is to access the process variables which are normally the value that you pass when you create the task.

Maybe you already did, is that “task report” with context type a “task by process model”?, if it is then you will be able to access the process variables. If not try creating one of those.

You mentioned you have process model, I assume you need to pull the tasks just for that one process model tasks? Is this a correct assumption?
    If yes then that solution mentioned above Can help you.

I think this is the closer you can get to those task input values you want. And the variables should be the same than what the user gets on the screen. And this option gives you the option to filter using those process variables.

The only way this could be different is that on the screen you write to the DB, in that scenario you may want to use queryEntity to pull the information every time the user click on the “details link”. I hope this is not the case. Of course this solution could kill the filtering option I mentioned above st least for that information that can change.

José
  • Is that “task report” with context type a “task by process model”? Yes I did.
    I assume you need to pull the tasks just for that one process model tasks? Correct.

Access the process variables. This could be the good solution. If any of the inputs task is not process variable, the change is not a problem. Can you tell me How can I get to the process variables?

Thanks!
    Pablo.
  • Answer myself, "Can you tell me How can I get to the process variables?"

It needs create a Constant T_C_TestingPM (type process model) for the context, and a Constant T_C_RecordTask (type document) with the Task Report (which must have been created). Something like this:

local!report: a!queryProcessAnalytics(
       report: cons!T_C_RecordTask,
       contextProcessModels: cons!T_C_TestingPM,
       query: a!query(pagingInfo: local!pagingInfo)
    )

Regards!

Reply Children
No Data