Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = PZ25M113] in rule 'e2_returndetail2' at function a!buttonWidget [line 2308]: An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error: The save target must be a load() variable, process vari

Hi community,

I have a list of people in a record type where you click their name and it redirects to an other page. This page shows information about this person but it also has 4 buttons as "Previous","Next","Fist","Last". Now I need to click in these buttons ( for example "Previous") and need to update the page to show the information of the previous person from the list. This page has 6 rule inputs and I am trying to hardcode it by saving previous person info on these rule inputs when the button is clicked as:

load(

local!id : ri!income.id - 1,

a!buttonWidget(
label: "Previous",
saveInto: {  
a!save(ri!income,E2_GetSummaryTaxReturnById(local!id)),
a!save(ri!w2, rule!E2_GetIDoc2019(rule!E2_GetPrimaryTinById(local!id))),
a!save(ri!w2_2018, rule!E2_GetIDoc2018(rule!E2_GetPrimaryTinById(local!id))),
a!save(ri!w2_2017, rule!E2_GetIDoc2017(rule!E2_GetPrimaryTinById(local!id))),
a!save(ri!income2018, rule!E2_GetTaxReturnSummary2018(rule!E2_GetPrimaryTinById(local!id))),
a!save(ri!income2017, rule!E2_GetTaxReturnSummary2017(rule!E2_GetPrimaryTinById(local!id)))
},
style: "NORMAL"
)

The page saves but when I click on the button I get this error:

Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = PZ25M113] in rule 'e2_returndetail2' at function a!buttonWidget [line 2308]: An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error: The save target must be a load() variable, process variable, or node input (or a rule input passed one of those three), but instead was: [primary_name=Samantha Rogers, ...

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Is this interface a record view? If that is the case, then your rule inputs are mapped to record fields (rf!). Record fields are read only, so it isn't possible to update their values directly from the record view.

I would suggest an entirely different method here. Each page already exists, so instead of trying to update the rule inputs, just have your buttons link to the other record page. Create a link for Next that is a record link like this:

a!recordLink(

recordType: cons!YOUR_RECORD_TYPE_HERE,

identifier: ri!income.id +1

)

• Is this interface a record view? If that is the case, then your rule inputs are mapped to record fields (rf!). Record fields are read only, so it isn't possible to update their values directly from the record view.

I would suggest an entirely different method here. Each page already exists, so instead of trying to update the rule inputs, just have your buttons link to the other record page. Create a link for Next that is a record link like this:

a!recordLink(

recordType: cons!YOUR_RECORD_TYPE_HERE,

identifier: ri!income.id +1

)

Children
No Data