In Sites How Many Tabs We Can Configure...? Better I Know only 5 Tabs We Can Config. Is There Any Way To configure 6 Tabs In Site Help Me

In Sites How Many Tabs We Can Configure...?

Better I Know only 5 Tabs We Can Config.

Is There Any Way To configure 6 Tabs In Site Help Me?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Put in a feature request for Appian to create Sites that can support 6 tabs.  That's all you can do at this point.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Keep in mind that you can always get creative..... For example, instead of a tab for each report add a Reports tab. Within that 'report' provide a menu of reports that a user can load / access. Another idea is to create a view that combines records that are similar, and use that as the listing. Finally, make sure your home page (first site) gives all the most accessible info (links to actions - instead of one per tab, task report, etc.)

Hope that helps give you some ideas...

• 5 Tabs is the limit. But you have choices:

1. you can (as Christine says) get creative - you can collapse/merge functionality into individual tabs
    2. you can authorise roles to have access to more than one Site - so try to logically group the tabs into Sites
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis

That's all you can do at this point for the specific request of 6 tabs at the topmost level.

Ideally you'd want to limit yourself to only a very small number of categories, and break down your interface into just a few parts, that each have just a few parts, and so on.  This is probably why Appian went with only 5 tabs to begin with.  However, the research that I always heard suggested between 5 and 7 things per category / sub-category was optimal.

Take a look at Photoshop at some point if you haven't already.  In earlier versions, at least, you're assaulted with seemingly thousands of buttons, no idea what any of them do.  It's all just too overwhelming.  I've stared blankly at Photoshop wondering where to start, and failing to find it, shutting it down because it's just too overwhelming on many occasions.

Creating a design that works around having only 5 tabs per site is likely to produce a better interface than you would have had with an unlimited number of tabs.