Dollar functions returns $N/A for the value having more than 10 digits

Hi All,

i have a dollar function inside the value feature of TextField, this works fine if the Value is less than 10 digits, if it is more than 10 , the Dollar functions returns $N/A

how can i overcome this

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hello,

With text also if the number of characters are exceeding 12 /13  then it wont work properly.

You can use as below. Here the dollar function is for just adding the symbol before the text and the whole number we ca take as text (but not inside dollar function)-

a!textField(
    value:dollar()&"9999999999999999999999999999999999"
    )

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Bibhuti

I'd like to point out that if you just need a "$" character, it might be simpler to just use the literal "$" character instead of the dollar() function.  So just

a!textField(
      value: "$" & "999999999999999999999999999"
    )

Also note that neither technique will give number formatting like dollar() does (when called on an appropriate-sized number anyway), i.e. comma-separating each triplet and formatting the decimal (or including ".00" if none).

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Bibhuti

I'd like to point out that if you just need a "$" character, it might be simpler to just use the literal "$" character instead of the dollar() function.  So just

a!textField(
      value: "$" & "999999999999999999999999999"
    )

Also note that neither technique will give number formatting like dollar() does (when called on an appropriate-sized number anyway), i.e. comma-separating each triplet and formatting the decimal (or including ".00" if none).

Children