Refresh site page when process ends

Hello,

Is there a way to refresh the site page after the end of a process ?

This is my business case :

I have a custom field on my Appin users that contains the value "Available" or "Not Available".

• If the connected user is "Available", I would like to have the Navigation Bar Background Color to be Green.
  • If the connected user is "Not Available", I would like it to be Red.
  • I configured this test in the site. It works fine.

I have a process with user forms  that changes the value of my custom field. "Avaible" to "Not Available " and "Not Available" to "Avaible".

When I execute the process, the value is well changed but the color stays the same. I have to manually refresh the page to see it changing.

Is there a functionnality that I missed or a workaround ?

Thanks for your helps !

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I don't believe this is possible because Appian caches the color when you load the page. Even if you use activity chaining and provide a decently long wait time, it still returns to the cached view of the previous page, so the colors won't update.

Could you add some color somewhere else on the page to designate the status and leave the navigation bar a neutral color?

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi , I am having a similar use case where we are trying to provide custom branding as per user selection for a client from a dropdown. when user selects one client the logo and color of the site is branded as per selected choice from clients dropdown. 

I am able to add the conditions but the only limitation is- after selecting URL needs a refresh to reflect custom branding changes.

my question is- do we have a command to refresh the site url (send hotkeys F5 may be) in Appian ?

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Peter Lewis

Hi , I am having a similar use case where we are trying to provide custom branding as per user selection for a client from a dropdown. when user selects one client the logo and color of the site is branded as per selected choice from clients dropdown. 

I am able to add the conditions but the only limitation is- after selecting URL needs a refresh to reflect custom branding changes.

my question is- do we have a command to refresh the site url (send hotkeys F5 may be) in Appian ?

Children