How can I change the background color of the last column in my grid?

Hi,

I have a grid and want to have the last column of my grid in a different column, for example with style: "ACCENT". How can I do this?

Thank you in advance.

Roberta

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

Also keep in mind that Appian supports Unicode Emoji, so you actually have access to all the full color pictures supported by a given browser / operating system at your disposal.  All through the char() function.  You have to go through the extra step of converting from the code point value which is usually presented as HEX to decimal for the char() function, and emojis display differently on different operating systems.  But, they are a universal set of icons that display SIMILARLY across all platforms.  Something to look into if you can't get what you need from the Appian set of icons.  They have the disadvantage/advantage of being monocolor and are more limited, but the distinct advantage of always displaying the same across all platforms.  There are some icons you get in the Appian provided set that aren't in the Unicode standard. 

But what is in the Unicode standard:

Upside downBriefcaseTophatCamelHamburgerFork and knifeBow and arrowFirst placeRobotAnchorSatelliteHourglassWrenchMagAtomRecycle (This forum actually uses only a fairly limited subset of Unicode.  There's WAY more in Unicode!  You have access to all of these and more in char() function.)

•   Just curious to know if this unicode emojis are supported in other devices or not and I completely understand the way it appears depends on the browser and operating system. Have you found any other limitations by using this?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to anjup136

If your OS isn't on the most current version, the very newest of the Emojis won't be available to you.  Some are rendered as full color pictures, others as text glyphs.  You can also concat char(65038) onto the end of a single emoji to force OS to render it as a monocolor glyph, which will usually look completely different.  But that allows you to set the color to whatever you want.  In both regards, Appian just treats it like a letter, and you can use emojis in almost all interface components.

For your use, if you went with emoji you'd make that the text of a Rich Text, and you'd attach links to it, most likely dynamicLink, to achieve the functionality you want when the user clicks on it.  If it's agreeable to your purposes, you can also put the icon / emoji onto a button that goes in the grid cell.

Go to Emojipedia.org for a list of all of them, and what they look like on all major platforms and social media networks.