Excel Generation

Hi Expert,

How can we generate the Excel file from a data subset,

Earlier we had the smart service "Export CDT to Excel" under the excel tool plugin which seems to be deprecated now.

Thanks,

Gaurav Singh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hello ,

If you are getting the data from you tables or views, You can use a dynamic query to create/construct the SQL statement using your data from the columns and you can use that statement in SQL to Excel smart service

If you are having a staging table then you can use the  Export Data Store Entity to Excel Smart Service 

If you are using a staging table to do so, you must make sure your DB table is locked until your action is completed every time you run the process. This will avoid multiple entries from different instances which will lead to incorrect data.

I recommend to use the SQL to Excel which seems to be hassle free.

We have CDT to Excel smart service which is now deprecated. But you might still try, it is still working.  You need to construct the data into your CDT format and then pass the data to the Smart service.

I hope this will give some solution to your question

Certified Senior Developer

Hello ,

If you are getting the data from you tables or views, You can use a dynamic query to create/construct the SQL statement using your data from the columns and you can use that statement in SQL to Excel smart service

If you are having a staging table then you can use the  Export Data Store Entity to Excel Smart Service 

If you are using a staging table to do so, you must make sure your DB table is locked until your action is completed every time you run the process. This will avoid multiple entries from different instances which will lead to incorrect data.

I recommend to use the SQL to Excel which seems to be hassle free.

We have CDT to Excel smart service which is now deprecated. But you might still try, it is still working.  You need to construct the data into your CDT format and then pass the data to the Smart service.

I hope this will give some solution to your question

Children