Select specific row in a only read component in an interface

Hi all, 

I have this issue: i want to select somehow a specified row in a!griedfield component, like ID 24 in the picture below, then start a process with some value taken from that row, with a submit buttom or something similar that can appear when the specified row is selected. Is it possible to achieve this goal? This is a screenshot of my site in which the element of the only read grid are taken from a recordtype, so this is why the ID is coloured in blue. 

Thank you in advance for the responces. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to albertob5031
    Are there some code or some pratical example to follow? I'm new with Appian and i don't know how to do these operations.

That's a very large subject.  A related action ties to a process model (consuming whatever context you pass in, usually at the very least passing in the current record and/or the record's identifier), and inside that process model you can do anything you want, attended (as in, taking the user to some task(s) to complete), or unattended (automatic, happens in the background only).  I don't happen to know how much you do or don't already know about process modeling, or what-all you want to accomplish with the process in this case, so it's hard to really say.  The configuration, though, is pretty simple, because it requires only that you correctly configure a related action.

when i click on the button i have the problem : "you don't have the permission

If you're not an Admin user in your environment then there's a good chance the process model configured for the action in question doesn't have security set up properly to allow you permission (though i'm surprised you'd be able to see it in the first place).  If it's not that, then it's likely some other configuration issue, any of which would probably be fixed by following basic configuration steps (others here have already linked you to the documentation with the basic fundamentals).

• thank you, the related action appears now in the interface. Another question, if it's not a problem: now i configured 2 different views for the record, as shown below. But i want to have one of them for a singol page for my site and the other one for another page, in the same website. How can i do that?

• Because i want some related actions in the first page and some other in another pages, not all the action in the same page. And the record i work on it it's the same, so i don't think it's a wise idea to duplicate it. Any suggestions? Because in this way i see the 2 interfaces together in the details, as shown here.  

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to albertob5031

You can build a custom interface and/or call the record dashboard interface directly from your site if you don't want other views exposed by default (for this you'd reference the interfaces directly rather than having the user click through to the actual record entry).  For everything else my main recommendation is that you just experiment and see what compromise works best for you.