Refresh Summary View

Hi,

I have some refresh problems with a Summary View.
The View is composed of a dashboard (Record Type A) and a read-only grid (Record Type B). In the dashboard, there is a Customer Record Field (field C) aggregating Record Type B.
When I try to add a new record in the grid, the grid updates itself (so chaining should be ok), but field C doesn't unless I force manually the updating.
Any suggestions?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Nothing. I used a!refreshVariable() in two points of Record Type A: in the interface of Summary View and in the context of related action. But Field C doesn't refresh. By the way, I tried also the option refreshAlways.

Record Type A: 

1) Summary View Interface 

a!localVariables(
      local!query: a!refreshVariable(
        value: rule!BDNG_GetOrganismoById(id: rv!identifier),
        refreshAfter:  "RECORD ACTION"
      ),
      rule!BDNG_Form_View_Organismo(organismo: local!query)
    )

2) Context of Related Action to start Summary View

a!localVariables(
      local!query: a!refreshVariable(
        value: rule!BDNG_GetOrganismoById(id: rv!identifier),
        refreshAfter:  "RECORD ACTION"
      ),
      { organismo: local!query }
    )

• Hi. Am assuming you are using cast function inside rule!BDNG_Form_View_Organismo(). If so, could you try removing cast function and try again. Because recently i have noticed refresh variable is not working if we casting the value.

• I removed the cast from the query, but field C doesn't refresh. It is as if the refresh input doesn't propagate from Record Type B to A.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to katafina1470
    removed the cast from the query, but field C doesn't refresh. It is as if the refresh input doesn't propagate from Record Type B to A.

I feel like we haven't narrowed down the exact problem yet.  Is the issue that the RECORDTYPE has not SYNCED?  Or is the problem only that the ON-FORM local variable is stale afterwards?

For instance, if you reproduce this issue on an interface, but then open a separate query rule and QUERY the data, does it show the correct value even while the interface doesn't?  This is a crucial thing to know here because until this is narrowed down, all these suggestions are mere guesses.  FWIW this is troubleshooting 101 and is something you should probably be doing ahead of time, though we're happy to step you through it if you're not used to it yet.

• The problem is limited to the Interface with the Summary View.
    In other terms, if I try to add a new record in the grid (Record Type B), the grid updates itself and Field C doesn't update. But if I refresh the page also Field C is updated.

In order to explain better the sentence of mine that you quoted:
    Field C is a Custom Record Field of Record Type A evaluated in real-time on Record Type B. I expected that adding new records in Record Type B Field C should be automatically updated, but this doesn't happen and I don't know why.
    This should be the narrowed problem and I hope this could help you to help me.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to katafina1470

Ok, thanks - then this seems like it's most likely a standard "on-form variable refresh" issue (though maybe it's enhanced in this case by something that's happening extra-slowly in the back end that we have no direct control over, though if so, i'm not sure what).

Can you post a screenshot of your process model, including the nodes that create all new data?

• Here are the screenshots. 

The Process Model Backbone to add/update Record Type B

The related Sub-Process

The related variables

where

- organismo refers to Record Type A

- mandatoOrganismo refers to Record Type B

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to katafina1470

If you already tried adding a "sync records" node following your "write records" call, pointing to the identifiers of the written records for your type, and that didn't help with your issue - then I assume there might just be an issue where the calculated value is being resolved in the back-end too slowly to be reflected right away on your interface.  Maybe you can seek specific feedback from Appian on this, IMHO it may warrant a support case.