Alphabetize User Filters?

Is there a way to alphabetize user filters within a read-only grid?

My thought process was to use the a!sortInfo() for the related filter, however using this function has not worked for me. I have spent a few hours searching documentation and have not come to the conclusion I need, so I have decided to ask. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I am not 100% sure I understand your ask. If you are looking for making the choices of one filter depending on the selected of another filter, you will have to build a custom grid + filters UI.

• Thanks for your reply. I'll try my best to clarify, I've only been working with Appian for three weeks. 

The choice of my filter is not dependent on another filter, I just want to alphabetize the selections within the user filter. Let's say that my user filter is "last names" and it's pulling from a record. If we're looking at the expression editor, it looks like:

a!gridField(

userFilters: {

recordType! [record name].filters.lastNames

}

That is what I want to alphabetize. I thought I could do so with " a!sortInfo(recordType! [record name].fields.lastNames, true())," , but it doesn't seem like this is allowed. 

Hope this clarifies. 

• Thanks for your reply. I'll try my best to clarify, I've only been working with Appian for three weeks. 

The choice of my filter is not dependent on another filter, I just want to alphabetize the selections within the user filter. Let's say that my user filter is "last names" and it's pulling from a record. If we're looking at the expression editor, it looks like:

a!gridField(

userFilters: {

recordType! [record name].filters.lastNames

}

That is what I want to alphabetize. I thought I could do so with " a!sortInfo(recordType! [record name].fields.lastNames, true())," , but it doesn't seem like this is allowed. 

Hope this clarifies. 

Children