Refresh variable after record action without dialog window

Certified Senior Developer

I am working in a planning poker App, and I'm trying to refresh the values for all users at the same time automatically after some record action is executed. I just don't want to complete the action via dialog window, is there any way for doing that or am I doomed?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

"for all users" meaning what exactly - different users looking at the same site / dashboard / record item?  Frankly the only way I can think of off the top of my head to do this for multiple unconnected interface sessions is to have some variable auto-refresh every 30 seconds and monitor for a data change - that's not realtime but it might come close enough depending on the use case.

Certified Lead Developer

"for all users" meaning what exactly - different users looking at the same site / dashboard / record item?  Frankly the only way I can think of off the top of my head to do this for multiple unconnected interface sessions is to have some variable auto-refresh every 30 seconds and monitor for a data change - that's not realtime but it might come close enough depending on the use case.

Children