Refresh variable after record action without dialog window

Certified Senior Developer

I am working in a planning poker App, and I'm trying to refresh the values for all users at the same time automatically after some record action is executed. I just don't want to complete the action via dialog window, is there any way for doing that or am I doomed?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

"for all users" meaning what exactly - different users looking at the same site / dashboard / record item?  Frankly the only way I can think of off the top of my head to do this for multiple unconnected interface sessions is to have some variable auto-refresh every 30 seconds and monitor for a data change - that's not realtime but it might come close enough depending on the use case.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks for your answer, I'll try that! here is some context:

I have 2 recordtypes, one for sessions (sessionId PK, creator (text)) and another one for scores (scoreId PK, sessionId FK, user (text), score (number)). 

The creator of the session share the sessionId to the users that want to join, and when users join a session they will be added to the scores recordtype (with a null score). The interface that all users can see shows the scores recordtype with the filter in the sessionId. Once they submit their scores (that's when the record action is called), the scores recordtype is updated, It would be ideal that all users can see that update at real time.

Thanks again! 

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks for your answer, I'll try that! here is some context:

I have 2 recordtypes, one for sessions (sessionId PK, creator (text)) and another one for scores (scoreId PK, sessionId FK, user (text), score (number)). 

The creator of the session share the sessionId to the users that want to join, and when users join a session they will be added to the scores recordtype (with a null score). The interface that all users can see shows the scores recordtype with the filter in the sessionId. Once they submit their scores (that's when the record action is called), the scores recordtype is updated, It would be ideal that all users can see that update at real time.

Thanks again! 

Children