force startprocesslink always open in a new tab?

Is there a way to force startprocesslink to open in a new tab? To my knowledge, if you control+click it opens in a new tab, but left click by itself opens in the same tab.

If not, what are all the ways Appian can be configured to open a new tab?

The ones I know about are:

1. startProcessLink
  2. recordActionField
  3. processTaskLink

My scenario is that a user is on an interface in a process model, and there are a set of cards configured with submitlink. When the user clicks the card, a subprocess is initiated depending on the link selected, which contains another interface. The user would like clicking on the card to always open a new tab. startProcessLink seems like the best option (initiate the sub process), but to my knowledge opening in a new tab requires control + click.  

I could also use recordActionField by setting up a dummy record and actions connected to each sub process, but this seems like an odd use of a record.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

When there is a task in a process, I do not see any good reason to try to open another process from it and somehow jump into that user interface.

In my small world, I implement mostly process driven applications in Appian. This means that the process model in Appian is a close approximation of that business process. Then, having three buttons in a task means, that the user needs to make a decision about how the next step in the process. For me, this is then just a XOR in the model.

• The parent process is basically a dashboard with a whole bunch of buttons for different actions that open new interfaces. Unfortunately this is a very large and old system, and the client wants to change as little as possible. So is there a way to force startprocesslink to open in a new tab, or do you know of another solution that might work here? Thanks!

Reply Children