force startprocesslink always open in a new tab?

Is there a way to force startprocesslink to open in a new tab? To my knowledge, if you control+click it opens in a new tab, but left click by itself opens in the same tab.

If not, what are all the ways Appian can be configured to open a new tab?

The ones I know about are:

1. startProcessLink
  2. recordActionField
  3. processTaskLink

My scenario is that a user is on an interface in a process model, and there are a set of cards configured with submitlink. When the user clicks the card, a subprocess is initiated depending on the link selected, which contains another interface. The user would like clicking on the card to always open a new tab. startProcessLink seems like the best option (initiate the sub process), but to my knowledge opening in a new tab requires control + click.  

I could also use recordActionField by setting up a dummy record and actions connected to each sub process, but this seems like an odd use of a record.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Sure. So the parent form is a user input task in a parent process. The UI on the parent user input task contains multiple cards configured with submitlinks. Depending on which card the user selects, a different subprocesses is initiated in the parent process. There are user input tasks in each of these sub processes, that load in the same tab as the parent UI when the user selects a card. 

Does that help? 

Children