I'm having an odd issue allowing users to download documents. I have a proce

I'm having an odd issue allowing users to download documents. I have a process where files are uploaded and a task is assigned to multiple actors for download, review, and approval. All but one group is able to download the forms. When they try to open the form they see an "Application Error" screen without any details. The application-server.log does contain this error "ERROR com.appiancorp.km.actions.GetDocumentAction - The Document could not be downloaded. (id=1091)". I can copy and paste the download link to another user's session and it will work, so it seems like a permissions issue. I've even made this group an admin on the folder and it still does not open.

Any suggestions? ...

OriginalPostID-61509

OriginalPostID-61509

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Sorry for the confusion.

#1, #2 -- by user interface, I meant, the "designer" interface outside the process modeler. Basically, perform the same steps of changing folder security from the Documents tab in Appian.

#4 -- by gateway, I meant, the Application Gateway Architecture (forum.appian.com/.../Gateway_Architecture). In other words, are you using multiple Gateway architecture or single?

"If you are using multiple gateways," it may explain this behavior, i.e., importing the application to the other environment works, but it doesn't work in your Dev environment. If your Dev gateways (assuming multiple gateway architecture) are out-of-sync for some reason (needs further investigation), you may experience this behavior. Since you are in Dev, restarting the server may be a viable solution, but I would recommend creating an Appian Support case.
  • Sorry for the confusion.

#1, #2 -- by user interface, I meant, the "designer" interface outside the process modeler. Basically, perform the same steps of changing folder security from the Documents tab in Appian.

#4 -- by gateway, I meant, the Application Gateway Architecture (forum.appian.com/.../Gateway_Architecture). In other words, are you using multiple Gateway architecture or single?

"If you are using multiple gateways," it may explain this behavior, i.e., importing the application to the other environment works, but it doesn't work in your Dev environment. If your Dev gateways (assuming multiple gateway architecture) are out-of-sync for some reason (needs further investigation), you may experience this behavior. Since you are in Dev, restarting the server may be a viable solution, but I would recommend creating an Appian Support case.
Children
No Data