Capture delete row event in portal editable grid

Certified Lead Developer

Is there any way to capture delete row event in portal editable grid.

OriginalPostID-198315

OriginalPostID-198315

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @ajinkyab To the best of my knowledge, the problem could be that, the code will be executed while loading the form. For instance let's say we have five rows in the grid. And if we use the function removeRowFromGrid("grid2",3) in the 'load' event of form, this surfaces the grid with the contents of four rows by removing the second row. So I would like to suggest to see the contents prior to invoking the function in the on load, and then compare the contents post invoking the function. Anyhow I have tested the same and it seems okay to me.

I hope that you are aware that the grid index starts from 0.

@venkannab The statement 'importScript("/plugins/servlet/FormsExt.js");' is related to usage of Forms API, a shared component that existed some time ago. As we aren't using any functions from 'Forms API' in removeRowFromGrid(), we don't need this statement at all. Also usage of this statement leads to an error if 'Forms API' plugin doesn't exist in the Appian environment.
  • @ajinkyab To the best of my knowledge, the problem could be that, the code will be executed while loading the form. For instance let's say we have five rows in the grid. And if we use the function removeRowFromGrid("grid2",3) in the 'load' event of form, this surfaces the grid with the contents of four rows by removing the second row. So I would like to suggest to see the contents prior to invoking the function in the on load, and then compare the contents post invoking the function. Anyhow I have tested the same and it seems okay to me.

I hope that you are aware that the grid index starts from 0.

@venkannab The statement 'importScript("/plugins/servlet/FormsExt.js");' is related to usage of Forms API, a shared component that existed some time ago. As we aren't using any functions from 'Forms API' in removeRowFromGrid(), we don't need this statement at all. Also usage of this statement leads to an error if 'Forms API' plugin doesn't exist in the Appian environment.
Children
No Data