Form level validation is not triggering on Submit

I am working on a form which has a form level validation which is configured to execute on Submit (using a!validationMessage(,validateAfter:"SUBMIT")). This validation is working fine when I am testing the interface. But when the interface is integrated to the process, validation doesn't trigger and form gets submitted without executing the validation.
Is there anything else that I should configure to make sure that validation gets executed before the submission of form?

OriginalPostID-245177

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @rishirajk I believe it might be tough to address the issue without having a look at the configuration of the Button components in the code. If possible, I would suggest uploading the part of the code snippet that consists of Button Widgets. Further, I would suggest giving thoughts over following:
    1. Are you using the validationGroup? If so, does the formLayout and buttonWidget/buttonWidgetSubmit has the same?
    2. Did you explicitly or implicitly(because of the default values associated with the parameters of Button component) configure the butonWidget or buttonWidgetSubmit so that it bypasses the validation?
    3. If everything looks good from configuration perspective, have you had a chance to look at hotfixes documentation corresponding to the Appian version you are working on?
  • Hi Rishiraj,
    I too faced a similar kind of issue once where the functionality worked exactly fine in interface but gave me an issue when configured in process model.In my case the problem was with the mapping of process variables with the parameters of the interface, where an extra space was included while mapping the both.Could you check once if that was the problem in your case.Else reconfigure the form in the process model again and test it.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @Rishiraj Kushwaha please check whether skipValidation for Submit Button is set to false or not, by default it is set to false. But it's better if you can attach the code snippet as @sikhivahans already said