How can a PDF reader be displayed on an Appian UI

How can a PDF form be displayed on an Appian UI. Does anyone have a Plugin that can be used to show a PDF reader embedded in an Appian UI, or can this be done using Java to display the PDF form embedded in an Appian UI as shown in the attachment. I would like to be able to show data side-by-side with the PDF form.

OriginalPostID-255243

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Ajay,

ASAIK you cannot have a preview of the uploaded pdf document but you can do a work around for this
    1) Firstly you shouldn't have a fileupload component where you want to display the preview.
    2) Lets say you have a form where you want to show a preview of the uploaded component, In this form you should have button saying upload file.
    3) After clicking the button it will navigate to another screen which has a file upload component and a submit button.
    4) After uploading a pdf and submitting the form, the form will navigate back to the previous form now in between these two forms you should convert the pdf to image using "PDF Tools" smart service and the obtained image can be used for displaying as a preview on the first form.

I hope this work around helps you and follow the below link for the mentioned smart service.
    forum.appian.com/.../summary
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Ajay,

ASAIK you cannot have a preview of the uploaded pdf document but you can do a work around for this
    1) Firstly you shouldn't have a fileupload component where you want to display the preview.
    2) Lets say you have a form where you want to show a preview of the uploaded component, In this form you should have button saying upload file.
    3) After clicking the button it will navigate to another screen which has a file upload component and a submit button.
    4) After uploading a pdf and submitting the form, the form will navigate back to the previous form now in between these two forms you should convert the pdf to image using "PDF Tools" smart service and the obtained image can be used for displaying as a preview on the first form.

I hope this work around helps you and follow the below link for the mentioned smart service.
    forum.appian.com/.../summary
Children
No Data