Testing Embedded Interface

We were looking to begin studying this function. As you may know you can use a text editor such as brackets or notepad ++ to create a html page and then view the results in a browser. Can you embed the appian script in this and view in the browser? If not then I would suspect that I could host a webpage on an internal server and then test the appian interface that way.

OriginalPostID-263396

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Mike,

It is better to write static page and hosted it in any server then it will pick up the localhost/IP then we can configure them in the cors in admin console so that way it will work. it is sometimes difficult to run the html in the browser where the IP will generated dynamically. We have done this type of functionality by hosting the static html page in the local Apache. either way it is only for testing then it is fine. For the bigger context we usually use embed in other web application like Java then it is better to host it in the server.

Thanks.
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Shanmukha
    Hi

I was trying to test a sample Embedded example and wanted to run the HTML code to check how it works? Basically need to demo the Embedded functionality before actually embed to our web application. Is there any way to do it?

I tried configuring my local IP Address / system IP address in COR but no luck. We are on cloud and trying to run the HTML page via browser within organization network.

Thanks
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to komalc3
    Hi Komal,
    Could you please elaborate what is your exact requirement and what have you done so far?

Thanks,
    Raghavendra (Shanmukha) Reddy
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Shanmukha

Hi

I am creating a POC on Embedded interface referring to the docs:

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.1/Embedded_Interfaces.html

My code is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
      <head>
      <title>Test Page </title>
        <!-- This script loads the Appian Web components; change it to your Appian server's domain -->
        <script src="https://exampledev.appiancloud.com/suite/tempo/ui/sail-client/embeddedBootstrap.nocache.js" id="appianEmbedded"></script>
      </head>
      <body>
      <b> This is test page</b>
        <!-- This custom HTML element specifies an Appian report to embed on the HTML page -->
        <appian-report reportUrlStub="CZA3Iw"></appian-report>
      </body>
    </html>

Here I just want to call a tempo report from my web page.

As per suggestions above, I have added the ip address of my machine in CORS. Also I have added myself in SAML group.

However, I am getting the error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()

Test%20HTML.html:1 Failed to load exampledev.appiancloud.com/.../ping No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 401.

embeddedAuthUtility-ad522149e857770d25f3.cache.js:55 Failed to query server. Status Code: 0

request.onreadystatechange @ embeddedAuthUtility-ad522149e857770d25f3.cache.js:55

Any suggestions.

A Score Level 1
    in reply to Shanmukha

Hi

I am creating a POC on Embedded interface referring to the docs:

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.1/Embedded_Interfaces.html

My code is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
      <head>
      <title>Test Page </title>
        <!-- This script loads the Appian Web components; change it to your Appian server's domain -->
        <script src="https://exampledev.appiancloud.com/suite/tempo/ui/sail-client/embeddedBootstrap.nocache.js" id="appianEmbedded"></script>
      </head>
      <body>
      <b> This is test page</b>
        <!-- This custom HTML element specifies an Appian report to embed on the HTML page -->
        <appian-report reportUrlStub="CZA3Iw"></appian-report>
      </body>
    </html>

Here I just want to call a tempo report from my web page.

As per suggestions above, I have added the ip address of my machine in CORS. Also I have added myself in SAML group.

However, I am getting the error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()

Test%20HTML.html:1 Failed to load exampledev.appiancloud.com/.../ping No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 401.

embeddedAuthUtility-ad522149e857770d25f3.cache.js:55 Failed to query server. Status Code: 0

request.onreadystatechange @ embeddedAuthUtility-ad522149e857770d25f3.cache.js:55

Any suggestions.

Children